The new Pokemon Go sensation is literally taking the nation by storm. Players are causing quite a ruckus, too! Some have scaled law enforcement fences meant to keep people out, crept into cemeteries, and apparently have even discovered an abandoned baby and dead bodies. So, it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Pokemon Go players are now being blamed for causing car accidents.
Pokemon Go is undoubtedly the most popular augmented reality smartphone game of all-time, but it’s uncertain whether it’s creators intended to create the chaos that has ensued. It seems gamers are now fixated on doing whatever it takes to catch the 151 Pokemon characters.
The List of Some Current Real World Accidents Caused by Pokemon
Driver Beware: Pokemon Causing Car Accidents
The following incidents were reported in various news report:1
- On July 12, a Pokefanatic was playing the game while driving his car in upstate New York, when he got distracted and his car careened off the road and crashed into a tree. He was transported to the hospital and treated for cuts on both of his legs.
- A 15-year-old girl from Pennsylvania was hit by oncoming traffic, when she darted out onto a busy highway. Apparently, she was so transfixed on her game that she walked right in front of speeding vehicles without any regard for her safety.
- In Canada, two individuals believed to be playing Pokemon backed into a law enforcement vehicle.
How to Avoid Trouble While Playing Pokemon?
- Law enforcement agencies are urging drivers to use common sense while playing the virtual game, which means not playing while driving an automobile or bicycle.
- Parents can special apps to blog teens from playing Pokemon (or using their cellphones altogether) while driving.
- Don’t trespass onto private property, such as someone’s front or backyard, commercial property, and certainly not cemeteries.
Contact Lakewood Auto Accident Attorney James L. Finegan
Have you been the victim of an auto accident by another individual playing Pokemon GO, while they were driving? If so, Lakewood Auto Accident Attorney James L. Finegan is here for you, ready to fight for your rights to justice and compensation. For more than three decades, Finegan has helped the victims of negligence craft the strongest possible cases and bring these cases to successful resolutions.
Set up a free initial legal consultation to see how Finegan call assist your case by contacting him today at (303) 980-5511 or toll free at (888) 980-5511. You can also Finegan via email using the contact form on this page.
From offices based in Lakewood, CO, James L. Finegan, P.C. provides superior representation to clients throughout Jefferson County and the state of Colorado, including those in Denver County, Arapahoe County, Douglas County, Adams County and the Colorado Front Range region.