Nobody likes to see spilt milk – no one!!! Especially when it has taken a spill on the highway, which is what happened in the wee hours of Tuesday, June 19 on Interstate 25 south of Mulberry just east of Fort Collins.
This particular truck accident just so happened to be a single-vehicle crash, which tends to lead one to suspect the cause of the accident would have been an operator error. We’ll take a look at that after we looks at some of the details of the accident.
Milk Truck Accident Details and Allegations
Rollover Dairy Truck Accident Under Investigation
The following details are the latest details that have been reported about this crash (according to police reports):
- The driver of a Morning Fresh Dairy truck that was packed full of milk crashed at approximately 6:48 a.m. on Interstate-25 east of Fort Collins.
- The one-vehicle accident resulted in the truck losing 550 gallons of milk. Luckily, no milk was spilled onto the highway or median, according to the Colorado State Patrol.
- The truck crash caused traffic to backup and slow to a crawl, while the CSP and investigators finished up at the scene.
- The cause of the crash at press time was still unknown.
What Could Have Caused Such a Crash?
The most recent statistic taken in 2014 showed that 3,179 people were killed, and 431,000 were injured as a resulted of motor vehicle accidents that involved distracted drivers. The following details were provided by local media reports and police records:
- Speeding often leads drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
- Distracted driving, such as checking a smartphone, texting or chatting with passengers, often times leads to accidents.
- Driver fatigue can often times lead drivers to leave the roadway and crash their vehicles.
- Eating or drinking while driving can also take your focus off the road.
- Grooming and looking into the rearview mirror to primp can be a form of distracted driving.
- Reading anything, even if it is a map, can take your attention away from the road.
- Using a navigation system to get to your final destination can lead to a driving distraction.
- Removing a CD from your console can lead to a distracted situation.
- Obstructions such as roadway construction barriers or even wild game running across the road can lead to vehicle crashes.
Contact Lakewood Auto Accident Attorney James L. Finegan
Have you or your property been the victim of an out-of-control vehicle? If so contact Lakewood Auto Accident Attorney LawyerJames L. Finegan today. Let an experienced legal advocate handle your case. For more than three decades, James L. Finegan has been dedicated to helping the victims of negligence car accidents bring their cases to successful resolutions.
Call Attorney James L. Finegan today at (303) 980-5511 or toll free at (888) 980-5511 to set up a free initial consultation. Feel free to send an email using the contact form on this page.
From offices based in Lakewood, CO, James L. Finegan, P.C. provides superior representation to clients throughout Jefferson County and the state of Colorado, including those in Denver County, Arapahoe County, Douglas County, Adams County and the Colorado Front Range region.