Helping Victims Of Auto Accidents Throughout Colorado
Attorney James L. Finegan represents people who have been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident in the Front Range region and throughout the state. He works zealously to help clients fight insurance companies for the maximum amount of money damages their case entitles them to receive.
With his in-depth knowledge of insurance laws, Attorney James L. Finegan pursues every available avenue for compensation, even in the event of an accident involving a negligent driver who was uninsured or underinsured. He has taken on some of the biggest insurance companies in Colorado — and has achieved outstanding results. Get in touch to learn more about his service and successes.
Attorney James L. Finegan Handles Even The Most Complex Vehicle Accidents
Mr. Finegan represents clients who have been seriously injured or have lost a loved one in any type of motor vehicle accident resulting from the negligence of another driver. There is nothing more devastating than being injured in a car accident or receiving the news that a member of the family has died as the result of a wreck. The sudden impact of the injury or death can result in emotional and financial turmoil for years. When the accident was the result of misconduct on the part of a negligent or drunk/drugged driver, the sense of injustice can be intolerable.
Attorney James L. Finegan handles:
- Hit-and-run accidents and will investigate both finding the other driver and seeking compensation through uninsured motorist coverage
- Truck accidents involving commercial drivers; during the process, Mr. Finegan will look into whether the accident involved poor maintenance, defects, hours driving violations, inadequate training or driver fatigue
- Motorcycle accidents, which are especially important to attorney James L. Finegan, as he is a motorcycle rider himself and he understands what it means to be on the road and is sympathetic to motorcycle injuries changing that possibility
- SUV rollovers and other auto defects are often the cause of accidents, and it is important when filing a personal injury suit, to go after the responsible party, which sometimes can be the manufacturer rather than the other driver
- Pedestrian and bike accidents require an experienced lawyer in order to ensure proper care is taken to get fair compensation, especially when victims may not even own a car themselves and may lack uninsured or underinsured driver coverage
- Complex cases involving multiple vehicles or mass transportation such as buses that require an experienced lawyer to navigate the best way through the multitudinous levels of insurance, liability and coverage
What Compensation Am I Entitled To?
Under Colorado law, a person injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence is entitled to seek compensation from the negligent driver’s insurance for medical costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. Even if it is determined you were partially responsible for causing the accident, damages may be sought up to the percentage of liability assigned to the other driver, over 50 percent.
Winning an appropriate settlement or jury verdict in a serious and catastrophic motor vehicle crash injury claim requires knowledge and experience working with complex medical and technical evidence. When necessary, Attorney James L. Finegan works with independent medical and life care specialists to determine the full extent of medical care and financial damages resulting from the injury.
Insurance Resolution Cases
Since Jan. 1, 2009, Colorado law requires all drivers to be offered medical payment coverage on their auto insurance policy. This is in addition to the usual bodily injury comprehensive coverage requirements that have been in effect for years. Many people who have stayed with their insurance company over the years are unaware of the medical payment coverage. Following a car accident requiring medical care, hospitals often bypass the auto insurance coverage and bill the injured party’s health insurance, which will require repayment out of any settlement the victim may receive in a lawsuit settlement.
If you are dealing with this situation and need help with your insurance resolution case, get in touch. Attorney James L. Finegan offers free consultations and handles all insurance resolution cases on a contingency fee basis. He charges attorneys’ fees as a reasonable percentage of the amount of money you receive in a final settlement or jury award. He handles everything, so you can get back to your life.
Get In Touch With An Experienced Attorney
Work with a lawyer who is committed to helping you through the difficult process of getting the compensation you deserve. Attorney James L. Finegan can take the weight off your shoulders. The firm represents injured parties in Denver and across Jefferson County, so call our Lakewood office at 303-586-2961 or toll-free at 303-586-2961 to schedule a free initial consultation.