Combating Felony DUI Charges In Colorado
Any driver in Colorado who commits a fourth or subsequent DUI offense commits a class 4 felony, resulting in serious punishment. Previously, any additional charge would be considered a misdemeanor, punishable by no more than a year in jail. Now, these individuals can face years in prison and a fine in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The punishments are severe and require smart, experienced criminal defense. Attorney James L. Finegan has helped Colorado drivers fight drunk driving charges for over 35 years. Whether it’s a fourth or subsequent charge, James Finegan can help protect your rights and freedom.
What A Felony DUI Means For Colorado Drivers
The punishments for drivers who are facing their fourth or subsequent DUI charge (following three or more convictions) could include:
Two to six years in prison
Three years’ parole
- A fine up to $500,000
- Between 48 and 120 hours of public service
- License suspension
As a class 4 felony, the charges are serious. We can help you mount a smart, credible defense and work to get you the necessary assistance.
How We Help Clients Fight Repeat DUI Charges
When facing the potential of years in prison, an experienced lawyer becomes a necessity. At our firm, attorney James L. Finegan will:
- Collaborate with investigators who will examine all the details surrounding the traffic stop and determine whether police had probable cause
- Evaluate the results of the field sobriety and DUI tests and ensure that all the equipment used was calibrated properly
- Consult with doctors and other medical personnel to learn if a medical condition or legally prescribed drugs could have affected the results of the sobriety tests
- Build a strong case with a goal of reducing or dismissing the charges or seeking alternative penalties
Waiting to contact us after a DUI arrest can significantly hamper our ability to act quickly and decisively. Contact our firm right away so that we can begin planning your legal strategy.
Contact Us Today
For more information about how attorney James L. Finegan can help protect your rights in the face of a felony DUI charge, call our Lakewood office at 303-586-2961 or toll-free at 303-586-2961 or use our online form to schedule a free consultation.